- MS4: Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System
- OWSC: Ontario-Wayne Stormwater Coalition
- Stormwater: surface runoff and drainage from rain or snow melt
- SWMO: Stormwater Management Officer
- SWMP: Stormwater Management Program
- SPDES: State Pollution Discharge Elimination System
- Illicit Discharge: any kind of pollution or contamination to stormwater
Let Us Know...
...if you notice any of these things near you:
- Oil, grease or chemical sheen, soap suds, etc. in stormwater and drains
- Illegal dumping and littering
- Sediment from construction sites clouding waterways
- Odors from outfall pipes
- Household waste or toxics in roadway drainage
What We Do
The Town of Macedon has been designated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to participate in a stormwater management program under the MS4 permit. This permit requires for us to manage and protect local bodies of water, including streams, wetlands, and lakes from stormwater pollution. There are 6 minimum measures to this program plan:
- Public Education and Outreach on Stormwater Impacts
- Public Involvement and Participation
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Construction Stormwater Management
- Post-Construction Stormwater Management
- Pollution Prevention and Good Housekeeping for Municipal Operations
The Town also has modified and personalized the OWSC’s Model Stormwater Management Program Plan
for its own use.
How You Can Help
There are great ways to get involved, no matter if it’s a special event or everyday life. Here are some tips and brochures for:
For more information, here are some defining documents, and important linnks:
- DEC Stormwater website: Click
- Ontario-Wayne Stormwater Coalition (OWSC) website: Click -- contains annual reports, minutes, agendas, and much more!
- Town of Macedon's Stormwater Plan: Click Here
- Construction SPDES Permit: Click
Get a hold of us by using our Contact Us
page, if you’re interested in learning more, or getting involved with the Town's MS4 program.
- Scott Allen, SWMO, Building Inspector/ Zoning Officer/ Engineer
- Chris Countryman, Drainage District Manager; Highway Superintendent
Click to interact with the MS4 Map:
Photos... click anywhere on this filmstrip to view our photo albums on Facebook!